Good things come in small packages

Friday, November 6, 2009

It's been awhile!


Gosh, haven't updated this blog in ages! A lot has happened since the last entry, most of you probably already know what im up to anyway, but ill bore you anyway!


I Sold alberto to friend of mine as she fell in love, the money came in handy too. He is still grazing at the property from time to time, will be turning into a nice show pony over the next year or so.


I have A new horse called Cindy. She was previously owned my a friend for a short time to be sold on. I happened to spot her on trade me and enquired about her. She hasn't really done anything and is 8 years now. She is nice and kind on the ground and good to do everything with. I had the opportunity to take her on trial which was great, as I wasn't sure if she would jump etc. She rushes and is really green and has had no schooling whatsoever...but she tried to please.


I have done about half a dozen outings with her already (not competition). She takes it all in her stride, she is very hot to ride...I did some research into her back ground and turns out the girl who got her off the track was a hot seated jockey who hooned her everywhere. Then Debz got her and sold her to Jo, then me :) Jo is very pleased I have her, she only did 2 ARC outings with her and pretty mch walk and trotted. She was mostly lunged for a year as Jo had an injury which meant she couldnt ride.. She needs a lot of work, she didn't know what legs were, didn't really go anywhere/bend and would bounce a lot. She is still doing this now and then, but become more relaxed in her work. She is working long and low, and hopefully the jumping will improve.


Cindy will jump anything I put her at as long as your legs are on she is happy to jump...she get s a bit cocky so I have to be careful. She has only jumped about 90cm with me so far, but has jumped a range of xc fences and some fill with no worries. Ditches, Chevrons, water, corners have not been an issue for her. SO its just plain dressage and we should be away!


She hurt her back in racing as I found out from the trainer who trained her...so I have had her back checked bu chiro and massaged. I hope we will have lots of fun together....and although I expect it to be slow with her, it will be rewarding. Ive already had a few people compliment me on how nicer type she is (under saddle and on ground).


Today was Solway ODE, I went just for a ride....she is working so much nicer on the flat, still bit fast and strong, but starting to soften and listen...coming up into my outside hand off the leg...I can let the inside rein go an maintain the same rhythm - so that's a sure sign she is working correctly. She is also looking much better and muscling up nicely.


Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers